Friday, December 16, 2005

We are reaching a new low

I always wonder about rock bands that are overly sensitive to their own (bad) press, but I did find the Capitol Years' response to criticism amusing. (It's not real press, anyway, and judging by the author's remarks on someone named Jessica Pressler, it's from a crude mind.)

The Minutemen used a letter from their downstairs neighbor for the lyrics to "Take 5, D." Who else used "found" items for lyrics?

[Separately: Ron Villone? Oops.]

Traveling tomorrow, most likely away from this space for more than a week. Happy holidays to all. (I think that might make me part of the War on Christmas, by the way.)


FMFM: Red Clay, which might be my favorite Freddie Hubbard album yet. Groovy electric tones and far-out blasts from the horns. Sometimes Hubbard's not really even playing notes at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home