Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Last meal

This is a shame. I really enjoyed Big Night.

Seriously -- the more I study the death penalty, the more it seems wrong to me. I've never felt strongly enough against it to fight for its abolition, but it does seem to me that this case undermines the argument that the death penalty is for criminals who are beyond rehabilitation. Williams simply was more valuable to society alive in prison than dead.

I don't know if a clip is available online here or not, but I did enjoy watching former M*A*S*H star Mike Farrell spar with Fox News morning anchor Juliet Huddy yesterday on this topic. Round to Farrell.

[UPDATE: It is indeed online there, and it has been transcribed (albeit with somewhat annoying commentary) here.]


FMFM: More awesome Freddie Hubbard dates, from a Blue Note twofer compilation. What a dazzling talent. I understand he lost his chops in the 70s -- at least that's one reason why he might've made those (supposedly) terrible records. Whatever happened, he sure had plenty of muscle in the early 60s. Could go toe-to-toe with Miles Davis and win, even with all the same band members.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home