Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Remote security

Another excellent use of Homeland Security funds.

I have heard many reasonable people arguing that it's absurd that Wyoming's share of DHS funds is much larger per capita than New York City's. While I do share those concerns, I wonder how many of those people have considered what would happen to the Western U.S. if someone took down Flaming Gorge Dam in Wyoming. So long, Glen Canyon Dam. So long, Hoover Dam. Dominos for the mighty Colorado. So long, water for the West. Wyoming may not have all that many people in it, but it does have critical resources.

Miss Daisy, however, is a stretch.


FMFM: Stan Getz's Focus, an unusual marriage of tightly wound string arrangements and improv. Getz said it was his favorite one. I don't think it's my favorite, but it has enough to keep me interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home