Thursday, June 16, 2005

Temblor tales -- "Fun stuff!"

Selected reactions to the 6/16 quake, 4.9 magnitude, centered near Yucaipa in San Bernardino County (Southern California). From the LA Times' quake blog:

"It gave a small jiggle to the house, but nothing important. The 1994 earthquake was a lot heavier." -- Posted by: Dan at June 16, 2005 02:48 PM

"Century City's tall buildings felt it pretty good. It started kinda lite for about 4-5 seconds and then it picked up the punch. A few folks started screaming. It tapered off shortly thereafter. Our building was still swaying for about a minute or so. This was stronger than the 'Paso Robles' one several months back (That earthquake only seem to affect Angelenos in tall buildings, nobody seemed to have felt that one at ground level at all!) The Pacific's 'Ring-o-Fire' sure has been busy lately, I wonder if we're finally due the for the 'Biggie'." -- Posted by: Ray McConn at June 16, 2005 02:40 PM

"I was eating at P.F. Chang's in Rancho Cucamonga and it shook very quickly. Lunch was yummy still." -- Posted by: Shelly at June 16, 2005 02:36 PM

"I was doing yoga, I we totally felt it. A couple of windows busted out an the sound was like a bomb was dropped!!! We are ok, but still very shaken up... Yucipa" -- Posted by: John at June 16, 2005 02:46 PM

"I'm not from cali, how frequent are earthquakes? Is it unusual to be having 3 since sunday?" -- Posted by: Anonymous at June 16, 2005 02:36 PM

"Woah. On the 33rd floor of the 350 building in downtown L.A, I first thought people were having a little party upstairs, and then realized the party was in my office. The room shook pretty good for 5-10 seconds." -- Posted by: Henry at June 16, 2005 02:36 PM

"Eating lunch at home on the second floor of my Pasadena apartment. My pooch felt it before I did- her wimpers told me something was coming! Fun stuff!" -- Posted by: Sam at June 16, 2005 02:33 PM


FMFM: Jazz Samba by Stan Getz & Charlie Byrd, which I have somehow neglected for all these years despite loving Getz/Gilberto unconditionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home