Tuesday, October 26, 2004

It's just too big a town

As with all my visits to New York, I've returned with a rhinovirus. I don't know whether to blame the planes, the handshakes and kisses, the evening chill, or the subway poles.

Some things I learned:

*Stupid boots are in this year.

*"Livin' On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi, is more popular than ever.

*San Francisco has a lot more homeless people than NYC. But I think SF has fewer than it did last year.

*It's hard to find a martini for less than $10 anywhere in Manhattan. It's easy to find one for more than $15.

*A good calzone will make you feel sated for, like, a day.

*Fresh air is not a priority in New York.

*The Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum is the place to go for cool-ass German chairs. And I have made a mistake by not going to the Met for fifteen years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home