Friday, January 05, 2007

What's the cover, and where should we park?

San Francisco's new scourge: Parking rage!

Although driving around San Francisco makes me generally wonder about people, I can't say I've ever flown into true parking rage.

I recall one amusing incident at Bush and Leavenworth, though: I was backing into a spot, and some guy tried to nose his way in behind me (like in that Seinfeld episode). I rolled down my window and politely asked him what he was doing.

"I'm backing into this spot!" I said.

"But I saw it as well," he replied.

Strange fellow.


[UPDATE: If you think the parking rage is bad, well, look what it did to the city's #2 parking official.]

3 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Elbo said...

Oh, I made it into the spot just fine, but I waited until he drove away before I left the area. You don't want someone keying your car out of parking rage.

"I saw it as well"? It vaguely reminds me of George Carlin saying he shops out of other people's carts at the supermarket.

"Hey, that's mine," they say.

He answers, "Not YET...."

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger E.L.M. said...

>somebody's mom

I have two words for you: Barbecue sauce.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Anthony said...

i didn't want to give anything away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home