Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election news and notes

I keep hearing accounts of people waiting in line for hours to vote. There were zero people waiting in front of me when I voted in the greater Fort Miley area. Three staffers sat in a private garage around the corner. I walked in, signed the book, voted and left. Easy.
Montana: "We'll finish counting in the morning. It's bedtime."
Cruz Bustamante: Will his star ever stop rising?
Heath Shuler: Back to Washington!
San Francisco: We're in favor of everything except parking taxes.
I'll bet close to half the people in California could not name Schwarzenegger's opponent. This past week, at least two people looked at me blankly when I mentioned Phil Angelides' name, and asked me who he was. How inspiring.
Thank goodness the levee repairs passed. I have no idea whether it will result in responsible development, but infrastructure maintenance of this sort is absolutely vital in California. I'm not sure people understand that.
Rough day for sex offenders: GPS for life. (Eight-year-olds, dude.) [UPDATE! Maybe not so rough.]
This one makes me happy. Dick Pombo was said to be one of the most corrupt people in the House, and he's been replaced by a wind energy consultant. I like it.
And once again, sixty percent of the country just didn't bother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home