Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Shakey shake... levitate me

This one just rolled through the house a few minutes ago. Really, it was just a quick shot, but big enough to make me forget what I was doing. The chandelier was swinging for a few moments too, but the neighbors downstairs said they didn't notice it at all. (Interactive map here.)

I think it's the fourth one I've felt in seven years, and I don't think it's the largest.


FMFM: Ellington's "New Black & Tan Fantasy," a 1938 reworking of one of his first masterpieces. Barney Bigard's clarinet glissando is spine-tingling. I've been having fun with my new method of transferring vinyl to digital files on the PC -- involving freeware and a MiniDisc player -- and burning a few wax-only favorites onto CDs.

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger E.L.M. said...

We felt it here in the InSu. Fun stuff -- enough to make us get up from the dinner table, away from the windows, and stand in the living room doorway.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger lou jones said...

holy crap. i never knew f.black was saying "elevator lady". i have no idea what words i sang along during the chorus!

btw, we felt that little quake too. pete was over. we were on the sofa. it was a small but definite bang.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home