Tuesday, July 04, 2006

All quiet on the Western front

Apologies for slipping out of the blogosphere these past few days. I'm afraid it's not because I've been in some faraway exotic place -- just doing a lot of outdoor cooking and ballgame watching and so forth.

I can report a brief HATFYR reunion, acoustic style, on the porch in Guerneville. (A.L. Jones was there to see it.)

I can also report that Steely Dan has good taste in guitar solos. Obvious, I know, but wait till you gaze down the road not taken. And check out all those Michael McDonalds!

I'll be at Stinson Beach with an expert outdoor chef today. Back in this chair for too many hours (but not too many, really), tomorrow.


FMFM: Lee Dorsey's Yes We Can (...And Then Some, actually). It's the kind of record that gives me a Louisiana jones: the Meters, Sr. Toussaint, and the charismatic vocals of Mr. Dorsey, all in one place, though not necessarily at the same time. "We knew him in passing," says George Porter Jr. of Dorsey, quoted in the liner notes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home