Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Yo momma!

Former U.S. poet laureate Robert Pinsky on the poetic insult. Includes the one about Hitler's testicle.

Who knew "turd" was a word in 1608?

This Humanist, whom no belief constrained,
Grew so broad-minded he was scatter-brained.



FMFM: Gram Parsons' "lost vocals" from the Sweetheart of the Rodeo album. In a few days I'll be in Gram's beloved Joshua Tree, retreating from my RSS feeds and two-machine desk in favor of climbing on rocks, cooking outside, drinking red wine, and scanning for the UFOs Gram and Keef swore they saw. Will try to post a photo of the immolation site if I make it there. (The slab, by the way, is gone. It's safe at home, back at the Inn.)

It appears we will be approaching from the north via Hwy 395. The road is still too snowy to go to Bodie, but I imagine I will get in some quality time down by Mono Lake and up around Bishop Creek. Anyone have more ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home