Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It's what's for dinner

It's been only two days since I saw Super Size Me, and now this. (Grossout warning on that link, friends.)

[UPDATE: New, improved story.]

One of the bonuses on the Super Size Me DVD is a 25-minute conversation between director Morgan Spurlock and Fast Food Nation author Eric Schlosser. For a good laugh -- I hope -- I refer you to the National Review's review of that book, including the memorable line, "A prosperous nation strives to be 1) fat, 2) dumb, and 3) happy." No wonder so many intelligent, healthy, happy people are finding themselves at odds with American culture.

I'm afraid I still occasionally eat fast food when I'm traveling. But I'm trying to get smarter about planning ahead: fruit and crackers will hold you over nicely during a six-hour journey. And then, of course, California offers the best fast-food option there is: animal style, of course.


Now playing: The Clash (UK edition)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home