Friday, February 25, 2005

Unhappy cows

It was bad enough that California's dairy cows were the subject of a lawsuit alleging that it was a crime to call them "happy." Now, they're washing away in soaked piles of mud and manure.

I drove past the hideous (and aromatic) feedlot on Interstate 5, known colloquially as "Cowschwitz", earlier this week. Wonder how those thousands of cattle are faring, although they're many miles north of the worst of the storm. The ones that are still alive, anyway.

None of this keeps me from wanting a cheese steak this afternoon, however.


Now playing: Pavement's "Newark Wilder," followed by Lester Young's "I'm Confessin'" and Ellington's "Concerto for Cootie"

1 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Elbo said...

I was just there... *burp*...

But I'm game anytime. Tuesdays are double-stamp days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home