Friday, October 08, 2004

Round Two

Senator Kerry lost no ground in tonight's second debate. The town-hall format better suits Bush in comparison to the format of the first debate, but I don't believe it was enough to send him to victory. Kerry came off as personable as I've ever seen him, gave straight answers when he had to, and ceded no territory as far as I could tell.

A few brief notes:

*Bush referred to the Internets, as a plural. Oops.

*I don't think the guy who asked Bush about his environmental record was impressed. Also, are "off-road diesel engines" for snowmobiles? Was that really the best he could do?

*Bush gaffed by interrupting Charles Gibson. That doesn't play well.

*Bush could not name three mistakes he'd made. He didn't try. I don't think that was the kind of black-and-white "straight talk" his supports admire him for.

*Kerry could only imply, but could not say directly, that a Supreme Court nominee from Bush could take away abortion rights. I wonder what would've happened if he went there.

I'm increasingly optimistic that Kerry can win the election after this event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home